Monday, February 10, 2014

Journal Entry #6

Moving: I did the math and our house has been on the market for 133 days. Ugh. My sister suggests burying a statue of St. Joseph in the backyard. She did and the 13th person to look at her house bought it. I'm not ready to resort to idolatry, but seriously thinking about it. Another showing tomorrow. Found yet another house we like in Arizona - probably will be sold before we can make an offer.

Weighty Matters: Only 18.8 pounds to go to be back to wedding day weight.

Prayers: Thankful for a warm home, even though I want to sell it. Thankful for plenty of food, even though I need to watch what I eat. Thankful for healthy kids. Thankful for a hard-working husband. Thankful for reliable cars. Thankful for my understanding boss. Thankful for our patient realtor.

Scripture Verse: We were buried therefore with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the father, we too might walk in newness of life. - Romans 6:4

Thankful to God for the sacrament of baptism. Read a blog post today by an evangelical mother regarding how to keep children from going to hell. Nowhere does she mention baptism. Sad.

No comments: