Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Journal Entry #4

Out My Window: Still very cold. Only got to 4 degrees today. We have about 2 feet of snow in the front yard. Feeling as if I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. Very tired all the time.

Pins & Needles: Finished my first sock, will cast on the second one this weekend. They are soft & warm but a little too loose.

Reading: I added two reading lists to my side bar. First is what I am reading at leisure (still Tess of the d'Urbervilles) and what I am reading in the Bible. I decided to read and sort of study the books of the Apocrypha this year. I have already finished Tobit & Judith. I really enjoyed Tobit (I've read it before). Judith has a great message but is too gory. Working my way through Greek Esther, which isn't much different from "regular" Esther.

Weighty Matters: I'm plumping up. I am now about 20 pounds heavier than when I got married. Not happy about it. My metabolism is not what it use to be. I need to start taking better care of myself. Cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and osteoporosis all run in my family. Really must make time to exercise and eat right all day.

Moving: No one has looked at the house since last Thursday. Open House again this Saturday.

In the Kitchen: Tonight we had veggie pizza.

No comments: