Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Journal Entry #1

2014 has the promise of being a very eventful year in my life and I decided to journal about it. But here it is, end of January and I haven't started writing yet. So here goes...

Out my Window: Warmer today - mid-20s. Nice after 3 days below 0. Kids back in school after 2 days off because of the wind chill.

In the Kitchen: Made White Bean Chicken Chili in the slow cooker. Menu has been heavy on soups and casseroles lately.

Reading: Tess of the d'Urbervilles (Hardy). Read it way back in high school and really didn't enjoy or understand it then and when I started to re-read it I couldn't remember what happens in the novel, but it has come back to me as I've gotten further along. Such a sad story.

Pins & Needles: I'm knitting socks for me. First time sock knitter! It's been a long time since I've made anything for me. Looking forward to wearing them. Almost done with the first one.

Thought/Verse of the day For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation.    He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)

No comments: