Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Solstice

MMMmmm summer!

I have discovered that I need about 8 hours of sleep at night to feel rested and ready to go the next morning. I tried to get by with seven but it just wasn't enough. If I set my alarm for 8 hrs & 15 mins from the time I climb into bed at night, then I usually wake up a few minutes before the alarm sounds in the morning-- I like that. It is a better way to start the day.

The tricky part is going to bed 8 hrs and 15 mins before the time I absolutely have to get up in order to get to work on time.

Did you know so-called Beauty Sleep is the sleep you get before midnight? I haven't been getting much of that! And Summer - glorious summer - the sun doesn't set until 9:05. The evenings are so cool and pleasant for walks or chatting on the deck with Mr. Bee or letting the kids play Ghost-in-the-Graveyard well past bedtime.

I'll catch up on my beauty sleep this fall. ;-)

No comments: