Saturday, March 15, 2008

Peace

I am happy to hear Candy and the VTC ladies have come to a truce. I'm not certain that either side accomplished what they set out to, but then again...maybe they did...I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Their dispute proved to be good exercise for my brain. As much as I enjoy Bible study at my Lutheran church no one ever says infant baptism is meaningless or calls a communion wafer a "cracker". Nor does anyone talk about when they got "saved." Also, I've never heard anyone challenge the Pastor on sola scriptura, sola fide nor any other "sola". I know of no one questioning him about what version of the Bible we use, or state that our version of the 10 commandments is deficient.

Yes, it was good to use the old noggin for some higher thinkin'.

Yes, I will continue to blog -- I DO have other interests! :-)

VERY busy this weekend. Have a very blessed Holy Week.

5 comments:

Unashamed said...

I'm really glad you'll continue to blog - you always have something interesting to say. Blessed Holy Week to you too.

Unashamed said...

PS. If you want to stay challenged, take a peek at the Wittenberg Trail. I forget the exact url for it but I've got a button on my blog for it.

I'm thinking I might try calling the host a "cracker" at Bible study and then sit back and watch what happens...

Sue Bee said...

The Wittenberg Trail looks very interesting! Thanks for the idea.

Unashamed said...

Right now everyone is in an uproar over the abrupt cancellation of Issues, Etc. It came as a complete shock to everyone.

Kelly said...

Are you still too busy to blog, because we've been posting up a storm, and I've missed your running commentary!