Monday, June 19, 2017

The Heat is ON!!

We have been under an Excessive Heat Warning since Saturday and it has been extended to next Saturday. Yesterday it reached 109 on my backyard thermometer. Supposed to crack 110 today and maybe even 115 tomorrow and Wednesday.

I am now in Week 1 of my Cycle From Hell. Which is good news b/c I'll feel better tomorrow and all of next week. Or I would feel good if I wasn't coming down with a virus. My oldest son was sick all weekend and I was bringing him drinks and "nursing" as is expected from a mom. So I know where I got it. My temp is up to 100 and my throat is hurting and my nose is running. I really am Debby Downer.

Otherwise, the sun is nice & sunny. The desert sky is an amazing shade of blue. There are hummingbirds at the feeders and finches at the bird bath. Lizards everywhere - they really like this kind of weather.

I'm dog-sitting for my oldest daughter. She has a toy poodle that is so easy-going and friendly, he is a joy to have around.

Well, this bit of exertion has been enough to get my eyes watering. I think I'll take a nap now with the poodle.

No comments: