Tuesday, February 16, 2016

There is only One who is good


I am unrighteous. Never have been righteous, never will be in this life. I believe that Jesus is my righteousness and His righteousness is imputed to me through faith. My good works and faith are a mere drop in the ocean compared to Jesus'. This doesn't mean I despair, not at all! It assures me of salvation because I know God has done it all for me. I can recognize that I am a sinner and saved at the same time. Simul Iustus et Peccator.

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you. (James 4:8-10 ESV)

My call is to recognize my sins and my need of a savior, through faith and by the power of the Holy Spirit I am led to do so. Then HE will exalt ME. To declare me righteous is God's decision and I am assured by His Word that He will declare me righteous for the sake of His Son.


If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 ESV)

No comments: