Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Journal Entry #19

Hello, Little Blog! Sorry I forgot about you for a few months (again).

Out My Window: Beautiful sunshine, blue-blue sky. 60 degrees heading to near 80. Love Arizona winters!

On My Mind: I've got a toothache and a loose crown. I'm in pain and have got to see a dentist. Probably the worst thing about moving, after the heavy lifting, is finding new doctors, dentists and barbers. We now have good insurance with Mr. Bee's new job. That is a relief! But the dental coverage provided us a list of dentists and required us to pick one. Kind of hard when you are new in town. I did what research I could on the internet and decided on a guy who seemed okay. Small office and not part of a chain. I'll find out this afternoon. In the meantime I'm sipping green tea with honey & lemon (from my lemon tree). Could use a couple more ibuprofen.

Church Stuff: The new church is working out well. Liturgy has renewed my interest in keeping up with the daily lectionary. I have found 2 resources I like a lot: Liturgy Geek and Psalm Tones. A nice combination to start each day.

Reading: Time to start the list over for 2015. Currently not reading anything. My Apocrypha reading bogged down in Sirach and never recovered. I'd still like to read those books, just need to muster some motivation. I don't know what chapter I left off on and I really, really don't want to start over from the beginning. There are 51 chapters in Sirach - Ugh!

Today is the commemoration of Sarah.

 


For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening. (1 Peter 3:5-6 ESV)


No comments: