Monday, June 9, 2014

Journal Entry #15

Outside My Window: Another hot & sunny day in the Sonoran Desert! :) We arrived in Tucson on April 30th. What a trip! We crossed Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico and southern Arizona. It took 5 days and I hope I never have to drive it again. I do not have what it takes to be a long-haul trucker.

I am enjoying the desert so far. The mountains are beautiful and the landscape is interesting. We have flowers and grass and lots of birds and lizards. It is very alive and vibrant.

Weighty Matters: I am down 4.4 pounds! Stress is less, weather is great, activity is up, eating better and feeling better. The best I have felt in months.

Reading: Things got crazy and my e-book expired before I read very much of it. I'll try to get it again later. Not reading anything currently. Still have boxes to unpack, not quite settled yet.

Scripture: I have been reading Wisdom (or Wisdom of Solomon) from time to time. I'm finding it is much like Proverbs. Some verses I've highlighted:

Those who trust in Him, will understand the truth, and those who are faithful in love will rest in Him, because grace and peace is for His elect. (3:9)

For the Lord will not exempt anyone's character, nor will He stand in awe of anyone's greatness, because He Himself made the little and the great, and He is equally concerned for everyone. (6:8)

For instead of a fountain, even everlasting in flow, you gave human blood to the unjust, and while they would be crushed into disgrace because of the murdering of infants, you unexpectedly gave your own abundant water, (11:7-8)

No comments: