Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Imaginary Friends

I have tons of friends that live only in my head. I met them in books, movies, and on television. Sometimes they are lovely to be with. Sometimes scary. Always entertaining.

Harmless diversions that keep my brain company.

Leprechauns. Trolls. Goblins. The Boogieman. Mummies. Zombies. Witches and wizards. Vampires. Werewolves. Munchkins. Elves. Talking Animals. Fairies...

And dare I say unicorns and dragons too?!

Most of my friends have names: Harry Potter. Edward Cullen. Jo March. Elinor Dashwood. Jack Sparrow. Willy Wonka. Calvin & Hobbs. Patrick Star. Dorothy Gale. Santa Claus. The Tooth Fairy. Stellaluna. Bilbo Baggins. Ariel.

Would it be a sin for me to believe in the true existence of any of these friends? After all, I can picture them. Hear them. I feel as if I know many of them.

How boring life would be without them!

So I ask - is my soul, my very salvation, at risk because I have imaginary friends??

1 comment:

Thursday's Child said...

I sure hope not because we'd both be in really big trouble. LOL